Total consumer industry venture financing deals in Q4 2020 worth $5.68bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 15.2% over the previous quarter and a rise of 8.8% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $5.3bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $2.59bn. At the country level, China topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.96bn.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q4 2020 was the US with 134 deals, followed by China with 106 and India with 46.
In 2020, as of the end of Q4 2020, consumer venture financing deals worth $21.21bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 11.2% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in Q4 2020: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 28.5% of the overall value during Q4 2020.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $1.62bn, against the overall value of $5.68bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five consumer industry deals of Q4 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Chengtong Fund Management, Futian Capital, Hengan International Group, Industrial Bank and Lenovo Ventures Group’s $412.78m venture financing of Beijing DMall E-commerce
2) The $380m venture financing of GoBrands by Accel, D1 Capital Partners, Luxor Capital Group and SoftBank Vision Fund
3) C&D Xinxing Investment, China State-owned Enterprise Structural Adjustment Fund, GLP Fund, Jingwei China, Legend Capital, Tencent Holdings, Tiger Fund, Tongchuang Weiye, Yuansheng Capital, Yunfeng Fund L.P and Zhong Ding Capital’s $315m venture financing of Qingdao Zhenkun Trading
4) The $309.63m venture financing of Cazoo by BlackRock, D1 Capital Partners, DMG ventures, Durable Capital Partners, Fidelity Management & Research, General Catalyst Partners, L Catterton, Mubadala Capital, Novator Partners and The Spruce House Partnership
5) DST Global, Exor Seeds, Moore Strategic Ventures and Unbound’s venture financing of Cars24 Service for $200m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.