Total consumer industry venture financing deals in September 2019 worth $2.13bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 28.4% over the previous month and a rise of 17.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.81bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.29bn. At the country level, China topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.14bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in September 2019 was the US with 61 deals, followed by China with 30 and India with ten.
In 2019, as of the end of September 2019, consumer venture financing deals worth $18.75bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 74.3% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 54.1% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $1.15bn, against the overall value of $2.13bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Boyu Capital Consultancy, CCB International (Holdings), Huazhu Hotels Group and Yunfeng Capital’s $300m venture financing of Chengjia Apartment
2) The $300m venture financing of Zhuan Zhuan by 58.com and Tencent Holdings
3) Glade Brook Capital Partners, TCV and Thrive Capital’s $200m venture financing of Capsule
4) The $200m venture financing of Furong Xingsheng by KKR
5) General Atlantic, Glynn Capital Management, Greenspring Associates, Heron Rock Capital, Lone Pine Capital, Mayeld Fund, MHS Capital, NextView Ventures and Norwest Venture Partners’ venture financing of Grove Collaborative for $150m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.