The $200m venture financing of Klook Travel Technology was the consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.05bn were announced globally in January 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 8.7% over the previous month of $1.15bn and a rise of 5% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $498.85m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $456.58m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in January 2021 was the US with 39 deals, followed by the China with 23 and India with eight.
In 2021, as of January, consumer venture financing deals worth $1.05bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 0.5% year on year.
consumer industry venture financing deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 44.8% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $471.78m, against the overall value of $1.05bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Aspex Management, Boyu Capital Consultancy, Matrix Partners China, Sequoia Capital China and SoftBank Vision Fund 1’s $200m venture financing of Klook Travel Technology
2) The $100m venture financing of Imagine Marketing by Warburg Pincus
3) Goldman Sachs (China), JinYi Capital and Junchuan Capital’ $61.78m venture financing of Meishang (Guangzhou) Cosmetics
4) The $60m venture financing of BlueNalu by Agronomics, Alpha Impact Investment Management Partners, Clear Current Capital, CPT Capital, Flat World Partners, KBW Ventures, Lewis & Clark Partners, Losa Group, Mcwine, OurCrowd, Radicle Growth, Rage Capital, Rich Products, Siddhi Capital, Silicon Valley Community Foundation, Stray Dog Capital and Thai Union Corporate Venture Fund
5) The Craftory’s venture financing of Green Park Snacks for $50m.
Visit our ‘Retail Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the retail industry.