The $250m venture financing of Redefine Meat was the Consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.1bn were announced globally in May 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 15.6% over the previous month of $1.28bn and a drop of 52.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.27bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $325.25m. At the country level, the Israel topped the list in terms of deal value at $283m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for Consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in May 2022 was the US with 31 deals, followed by the China with 22 and India with 11.
In 2022, as of May, Consumer venture financing deals worth $8.61bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 0.03% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five Consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 47.6% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five Consumer venture financing deals stood at $514.02m, against the overall value of $1.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five Consumer industry venture financing deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Hanaco Ventures Capital and Synthesis Capital $250m venture financing deal with Redefine Meat
2) The $100m venture financing of Neso Brands by Falcon Edge Capital,KKRInc,SoftBank Venture Capital and Temasek Holdings (HK)
3) Bailian Group,Boyu Capital Consultancy,Confitop Capital,GP Capital,Mango Capital,Riverhead Capital Investment Management,Sino Pacific Capital and Wuchan Zhongda Group $75.02m venture financing deal with Seek Pet Products
4) The $45m venture financing of Enzymaster Deutschland by C&D Emerging Industry Equity Investment,Carbonneutral Partnership,Hansoh Investment,Kangjun Capital,Probe Capital,Puhua Capital and YuanBio Venture Capital
5) Anand Rajaraman,Anurag Jain,Dhigha Sekaran,Manish Parikh,Mihir Worah,Preetish Nijhawan,Ross Perot Jr.,Samir Bodas,Sanjay Govil,Sanjay Parthasarathy,Sankar Kaliaperumal,Satya Nadella,Shantanu Narayen,Singh Capital Partners,Stuart Giles,Tanweer Ahmed,The Baheti Family,Troy Detrick,Venky Harinarayan and Vikram Ramani $44m venture financing deal with Major League Cricket
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.