Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $1.2bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in July 2021, led by $500m venture financing of Shenzhen Meixixi Catering Management, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 231.1% over the previous month of $371.5m and a rise of 132% when compared with the last 12-month average of $530.17m.
Asia-Pacific held a 39.81% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $3.09bn in July 2021. With a 29.97% share and deals worth $925.99m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 83 deals during July 2021, marking an increase of 33.87% over the previous month and a rise of 56.60% over the 12-month average. China recorded 47 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 66.4% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $818.98m, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Shenzhen Meixixi Catering Management $500m venture financing deal with BA Capital Partners,Coatue Management,He Boquan,Hillhouse Capital Group,IDG Capital,Longzhu Capital ,Sequoia China Investment Management and Tencent Industry Fund
2) The $100m venture financing of Neiwai by Qiming Venture Capital,The Carlyle Group and Vertex Ventures China
3) TurtleTree Labs $80m venture financing deal with Verso Capital Partners
4) M Stand $77.3m venture financing deal with Black Ant Capital,Challenjers Capital,CMC Capital Group,Gaorong Capital and GenBridge Capital
5) The $61.68m venture financing of NYSCPS by Asia Commercial Capital,ByteDance,Cornerstone Capital.,Huaxing New Economic Fund,Innovation Workshop and Jinding Capital