The $106m venture financing of Kitu Life was the consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.3bn were announced globally in August 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 57.4% over the previous month of $3.1bn and a drop of 12.6% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.51bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $642.82m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $626.44m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in August 2021 was the US with 58 deals, followed by the China with 40 and India with 16.
In 2021, as of August, consumer venture financing deals worth $15.13bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 106.7% year on year.
consumer industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 30.8% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $407.48m, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 7-Eleven,Dave Burwick,Dave Peacock,Doss Cunningham,Durable Capital Partners and LivWell Ventures $106m venture financing deal with Kitu Life
2) The $100m venture financing of Quip NYC by Cowen Sustainable Investments
3) Bastian Lehmann,Biz Stone,Harry Stebbings,Indus Valley Capital,Jeffrey Katzenberg,Josh Buckley,Quiet Capital,Sam Altman,Simon Borrero,Stanley Tang,Steve Pagliuca and Taavet Hinrikus $85m venture financing deal with Airlift Technologies
4) The $61.69m venture financing of Shantou Tongxue Trading by Cornerstone Capital.,Fengrui Capital,Jinding Capital,KIP China,Qianhai Fund of Funds and Yuanyi Investment Development (Guangdong)
5) Five Seasons Ventures,Passion Capital and White Star Capital $54.78m venture financing deal with Dogmates