The $194.5m venture financing of TIMS China was the consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.3bn were announced globally in March 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 37.8% over the previous month of $2.09bn and a drop of 45.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.4bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $658.46m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $516.65m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in March 2022 was the US with 56 deals, followed by the China with 25 and India with 22.
In 2022, as of March, consumer venture financing deals worth $6.01bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 40.2% year on year.
consumer industry venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 47.8% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $619.5m, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Descartes Capital Group,Restaurant Brands International and Silvercrest Asset Management Group $194.5m venture financing deal with TIMS China
2) The $150m venture financing of Delightful Gourmet by Aman Gupta,Amansa Capital,Axis Growth Avenues AIF- I,Haresh Chawla,Kotak Private Equity Group,Nikhil Kamath and Nithin Kamath
3) IDG Capital and Sequoia Capital China $100m venture financing deal with Miracle Miles Technology
4) The $90m venture financing of WhyHotel by Bernstein Management,Davidson Kempner Capital Management,Gaw Capital Partners ,Geolo Capital,JBG SMITH Properties and Suffolk Technologies
5) Alphacy Investment,Bunge Ventures,Continental Grain(CGC),Evolution VC Partners,Gaingels,Maple Leaf Foods,Nourish Ventures,Oman Investment Authority,Rage Capital,S2G Ventures,Siddhi Capital and Tyson Ventures $85m venture financing deal with MycoTechnology
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.