Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $1.4bn were announced in North America in February 2022, led by $500m venture financing of AvantStay, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 7.7% over the previous month of $1.3bn and a rise of 43.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $977.48m.
North America held a 69.31% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.02bn in February 2022. With a 68.32% share and deals worth $1.38bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 69 deals during February 2022, marking an increase of 16.95% over the previous month and a drop of 1.43% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 68 deals during the month.
North America consumer industry venture financing deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 58.9% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $824m, against the overall value of $1.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Saluda Grade $500m venture financing deal with AvantStay
2) The $100m venture financing of Evolve Vacation Rental Network by Durable Capital Partners
3) Bezos Expeditions,Cargill Ventures,Charles River Ventures,Footprint Coalition Ventures,L Catterton,Leonardo DiCaprio,S2G Ventures,Spark Capital and Temasek Investments $100m venture financing deal with Wildtype
4) The $64m venture financing of good culture by Kristen Bell,Manna Tree Partners and SemCap
5) Casa Verde Capital,Horizons Ventures,James Stewart,Level One Fund,Rage Capital and SOSV Investments $60m venture financing deal with Ava Food Labs
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.