Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $1.4bn were announced in North America in November 2021, led by $575m venture financing of Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment – US, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 297.4% over the previous month of $359.83m and a rise of 97.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $723.55m.
North America held a 63.56% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.25bn in November 2021. With a 63.56% share and deals worth $1.43bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 50 deals during November 2021, marking a decrease of 5.66% over the previous month and a drop of 25.37% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 50 deals during the month.
North America consumer industry venture financing deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 83.3% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $1.19bn, against the overall value of $1.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bain Capital and MBK Partners $575m venture financing deal with Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment – US
2) The $500m venture financing of Impossible Foods by Mirae Asset Global Investments
3) BTG Pactual Participations,Enfini Ventures,Go4it Capital,Monashees,Rage Capital,Turim MFO and XP $58m venture financing deal with Future Farm USA
4) The $30m venture financing of Tiff’s Treats Holdings by Andy Roddick,Brooklyn Decker,CIC Partners,Dirk Nowitzki,Kendra Scott and Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital
5) Clearco,Great Oaks Venture Capital,Integrated Capital,Pacific Tiger Group and Sope Creek Capital $27.5m venture financing deal with Naked Market
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.