Led by $300m venture financing of Guoquan Shihui, total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $1.77bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in Q1 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 113.9% over the previous quarter and a rise of 77% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $1bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 42.96% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $4.12bn in Q1 2021. With a 32.04% share and deals worth $1.32bn, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 165 deals during Q1 2021, marking an increase of 10.74% over the previous quarter and a rise of 27.91% over the last four-quarter average. China recorded 94 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals accounted for 48.3% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $852.97m, against the overall value of $1.77bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five consumer deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CMB International Securities and Tiantu Investments’ $300m venture financing of Guoquan Shihui
2) The $200m venture financing of Klook Travel Technology by Aspex Management, Boyu Capital Consultancy, Matrix Partners China, Sequoia Capital China and SoftBank Vision Fund 1
3) Black Ant Capital, CITIC Agricultural Fund, Dehong Capital, Jingwei China, Maixing Investment, Purui Investment Fund, Sequoia China Fund and Yunfeng Fund L.P’s $122.4m venture financing of Jane Eyre
4) The $122.27m venture financing of Simple Love by BA Capital Partners, CITIC Agriculture Fund, DCP Capital, Maison Capital Group, Matrix Partners China, Proterra Investment Partners, Sequoia Capital China Fund and Yunfeng Capital
5) CDH Investment ManagementLimited, Huaxing New Economic Fund and Sequoia Capital China Fund’s venture financing of BabyCare(China) for $108.3m.