Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $1.9bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in April 2021, led by $700m venture financing of Dingdong Maicai , according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 99.5% over the previous month of $932.32m and a rise of 346.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $416.95m.
Asia-Pacific held a 65.49% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.84bn in April 2021. With a 59.15% share and deals worth $1.68bn, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 55 deals during April 2021, marking a decrease of 17.91% over the previous month and a rise of 14.58% over the 12-month average. China recorded 31 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 66.4% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $1.24bn, against the overall value of $1.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 3W Fund Management,APlus Partners Management,Aspex Management,Capital Today,CMC Capital Group,Coatue Management,Cygnus Equity,DST Global,General Atlantic,Hony Capital,MassAve Global,Ocean Link,Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management $700m venture financing deal with Dingdong Maicai
2) The $300m venture financing of Fiture by All-Stars Investment,BAI Capital,Black Ant Capital,C Capital,Coatue Management,CPEChina Fund,DST Global,Jinshajiang Venture Capital,Legend Capital,Sequoia Capital China,Tencent Holdings,Weilai Capital and Z1 Capital
3) Doha Venture Capital,EDBI,Pavilion Capital,Ron Tan and Seatown Holdings International $176.9m venture financing deal with Cityneon
4) The $46.18m venture financing of Shenzhen Liran Cosmetics by Bilibili,Red Dot China,SIG Heiner Asia Venture Capital Fund,Tiger Fund and Wuyuan Capital
5) Jinding Capital,Maixing Investment and Qinglan Capital $15.41m venture financing deal with Guangxi Xuanma Food