Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $1.9bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in April 2021, led by $700m venture financing of Dingdong Maicai, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 99.5% over the previous month of $932.32m and a rise of 346.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $416.95m.
Asia-Pacific held a 65.49% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.84bn in April 2021. With a 59.15% share and deals worth $1.68bn, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 55 deals during April 2021, marking a decrease of 17.91% over the previous month and a rise of 14.58% over the 12-month average. China recorded 31 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 66.4% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $1.24bn, against the overall value of $1.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 3W Fund Management, APlus Partners Management, Aspex Management, Capital Today, CMC Capital Group, Coatue Management, Cygnus Equity, DST Global, General Atlantic, Hony Capital, MassAve Global, Ocean Link, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management’s $700m venture financing of Dingdong Maicai
2) The $300m venture financing of Fiture by All-Stars Investment, BAI Capital, Black Ant Capital, C Capital, Coatue Management, CPEChina Fund, DST Global, Jinshajiang Venture Capital, Legend Capital, Sequoia Capital China, Tencent Holdings, Weilai Capital and Z1 Capital
3) Doha Venture Capital, EDBI, Pavilion Capital, Ron Tan and Seatown Holdings International’s $176.9m venture financing of Cityneon
4) The $46.18m venture financing of SShenzhen Liran Cosmetics by Bilibili, Red Dot China, SIG Heiner Asia Venture Capital Fund, Tiger Fund and Wuyuan Capital
5) Jinding Capital, Maixing Investment and Qinglan Capital’ venture financing of Guangxi Xuanma Food for $15.41m.