Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $146.7m were announced in Europe in May 2022, led by $45m venture financing of Enzymaster Deutschland, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 32.8% over the previous month of $218.17m and a drop of 42.05% when compared with the last 12-month average of $253.2m.
Europe held a 13.59% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.08bn in May 2022. With a 5.21% share and deals worth $56.27m, Germany was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 27 deals during May 2022, marking an increase of 35.00% over the previous month and a flat growth over the 12-month average. Germany recorded six deals during the month.
Europe consumer industry venture financing deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 74.3% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $108.98m, against the overall value of $146.7m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) C&D Emerging Industry Equity Investment,Carbonneutral Partnership,Hansoh Investment,Kangjun Capital,Probe Capital,Puhua Capital and YuanBio Venture Capital $45m venture financing deal with Enzymaster Deutschland
2) The $27.4m venture financing of adopt by Pepites & Territoires and Trocadero Capital Partners
3) SIA IV $20m venture financing deal with Good Good ehf
4) The $8.59m venture financing of MeEat Food Tech by Emerald Technology Ventures,Finnish Industry Investment and Kvki Capital
5) Atlantic Labs,Hanno Renner,Jonas Rieke,Michael Wax,Oliver Manojlovich,PROfounders Capital Partners,SpeedInvest,Thomas Buberl and Vorwerk Ventures $8m venture financing deal with mila.health UG
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.