Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $195m were announced in Europe in July 2021, led by $79.46m venture financing of Chiaro Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 79.8% over the previous month of $965.91m and a drop of 15.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $231.84m.
Europe held a 6.31% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $3.09bn in July 2021. With a 4.07% share and deals worth $125.75m, the UK was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 27 deals during July 2021, marking a decrease of 18.18% over the previous month and a drop of 10.00% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 13 deals during the month.
Europe consumer industry venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 76.1% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $148.46m, against the overall value of $195m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Chiaro Technology $79.46m venture financing deal with BlackRock Private Equity Partners,Business Growth Fund,Hiro Capital,IPGL,Octopus Ventures and Westerly Winds
2) The $30m venture financing of Exoticca by 14W Ventures,AldeA Ventures,Bonsai Partners,K Fund,Kibo Ventures,Mangrove Capital,Milano Investment Partners Sgr and Sabadell Venture Capital
3) Spotlight Oral Care $15m venture financing deal with Development Capital
4) Wicked Kitchen $14m venture financing deal with Nove Foods and Unovis Asset Management
5) The $10m venture financing of Front of the Pack Group by Andrew Dundum,Founder Collective,Heartcore Capital and Stride VC