The $240m venture financing of Skims Body was the consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.1bn were announced globally in January 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 18.4% over the previous month of $1.74bn and a drop of 3.7% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.14bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $920.9m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $920.9m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in January 2022 was the US with 34 deals, followed by the China with 30 and India with 19.
In 2022, as of January, consumer venture financing deals worth $2.06bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 65.5% year on year.
consumer industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 43.9% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $905m, against the overall value of $2.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alliance Consumer Growth,D1 Capital Partners,Imaginary Ventures,Lone Pine Capital and Thrive Capital $240m venture financing deal with Skims Body
2) The $200m venture financing of Dishangtie Car Rental (Shenzhen) by INGKA Group
3) BA Capital Partners,Eastern Bell Capital,General Atlantic,Hillhouse Capital Group,N5 Capital,Ocean Link and QY Capital $200m venture financing deal with Beijing Huamei Lexiang Technology
4) The $135m venture financing of Redefine Meat by Hanaco Ventures Capital and Synthesis Capital
5) Fidelity Management & Research,First Light Capital,Franklin Templeton Investments and Thomas Tal $130m venture financing deal with Oddity