The $650m venture financing of FlixMobility was the consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.2bn were announced globally in June 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 33.1% over the previous month of $1.66bn and a rise of 76.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.25bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $956.82m. At the country level, the Germany topped the list in terms of deal value at $745.84m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in June 2021 was the US with 61 deals, followed by the China with 36 and India with 16.
In 2021, as of June, consumer venture financing deals worth $10.4bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 76.3% year on year.
consumer industry venture financing deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 54.8% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $1.21bn, against the overall value of $2.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, Canyon Partners, General Atlantic, HV Capital Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $650m venture financing of FlixMobility
2) The $226m venture financing of Motif FoodWorks by Alpha Impact Investment Management Partners, BlackRock Investments, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, CPT Capital, General Atlantic, Louis DreyfusLLC, Rage Capital, Rellevant Partners, Rethink Food NYC, Teachers Innovation Platform, Viking Global Investors and Wittington Ventures
3) Canary Fund – Brazil, Globo Ventures, Iporanga Ventures, Lightrock, Monashees, SoftBank and Valor Capital Group’ $138.61m venture financing of BUSER BRASIL TECNOLOGIA
4) The $100m venture financing of Illuminarium Experiences by Eldridge Industries
5) Claret Capital Partners, HV Capital Adviser, INKEF Capital, Partech Partners, Rocket Internet, RTP Global – UK and SevenGrowth’s venture financing of Urban Sports for $95.23m.