The $350m venture financing of Perfect Day was the consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.4bn were announced globally in September 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 27.1% over the previous month of $1.92bn and a rise of 48.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.64bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.17bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.16bn.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in September 2021 was the US with 69 deals, followed by the China with 38 and India with 18.
In 2021, as of September, consumer venture financing deals worth $18.45bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 116.4% year on year.
consumer industry venture financing deals in September 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 33.1% of the overall value during September 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $807m, against the overall value of $2.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of September 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Canada Pension Plan Investment Board,Robert Allen Iger and Temasek Investments $350m venture financing deal with Perfect Day
2) The $200m venture financing of Hydrow by Justin Timberlake and Lizzo
3) Balderton Capital (UK),General Catalyst Partners,Index Ventures,Insight Partners and Latitude (UK) $100m venture financing deal with Beauty Pie
4) The $97m venture financing of Good Meat by Fernando Chico Pardo,Graphene Ventures,K3 Ventures,Resilience Reserve and UBS O’Connor
5) Ajax Strategies,Euclidean Capital,Fall Line Capital,GV Management Co,OurCrowd,Prelude Ventures,Rage Capital,S2G Ventures and Tao Capital Partners $60m venture financing deal with Ripple Foods PBC
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.