The $700m venture financing of Dingdong Maicai was the consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.8bn were announced globally in April 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 44.9% over the previous month of $1.96bn and a rise of 170.5% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.05bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.86bn. At the country level, the China topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.68bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in April 2021 was the US with 59 deals, followed by the China with 31 and India with 12.
In 2021, as of April, consumer venture financing deals worth $7.05bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 74% year on year.
consumer industry venture financing deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 50.9% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $1.45bn, against the overall value of $2.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 3W Fund Management,APlus Partners Management,Aspex Management,Capital Today,CMC Capital Group,Coatue Management,Cygnus Equity,DST Global,General Atlantic,Hony Capital,MassAve Global,Ocean Link,Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management $700m venture financing deal with Dingdong Maicai
2) The $300m venture financing of Fiture by All-Stars Investment,BAI Capital,Black Ant Capital,C Capital,Coatue Management,CPEChina Fund,DST Global,Jinshajiang Venture Capital,Legend Capital,Sequoia Capital China,Tencent Holdings,Weilai Capital and Z1 Capital
3) Doha Venture Capital,EDBI,Pavilion Capital,Ron Tan and Seatown Holdings International $176.9m venture financing deal with Cityneon
4) The $154m venture financing of (Skims) and Skims Body by Alliance Consumer Growth,Imaginary Ventures and Thrive Capital
5) FMZ Ventures,Otiva and VNV Global $115m venture financing deal with Comuto