Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $216m were announced in Europe in May 2021, led by $60m venture financing of Virtuo Technologies, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 10.3% over the previous month of $240.91m and a rise of 57.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $137.33m.
Europe held a 22.45% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $962.24m in May 2021. With an 11.24% share and deals worth $108.16m, the UK was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 29 deals during May 2021, marking a decrease of 3.33% over the previous month and a rise of 7.41% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 13 deals during the month.
Europe consumer industry venture financing deals in May 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 72.7% of the overall value during May 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $157m, against the overall value of $216m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of May 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alpha Intelligence Capital, AXA Venture Partners, Balderton Capital, Bpifrance Large Venture, Holding Italiana Quattordicesima, Iris Capital and Raise Ventures’ $60m venture financing of Virtuo Technologies
2) The $40m venture financing of Daring Foods by D1 Capital Partners, Drake Management, Maveron and Palm Tree Crew Investments
3) Balderton Capital (UK), Eight Roads Ventures, GV Management Co, JamJar Investments and Latitude (UK)’s $34m venture financing of smol
4) The $12m venture financing of SNoie by Inventure Capital, Kristian Schroder Hart-Hansen, Talis Capital and Thomas Ryge Mikkelsen
5) adm ventures, Apater Capital, Cibus Fund and H – Farm’ venture financing of Rem3dy Health for $11m.