The $500m venture financing of AvantStay was the consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2bn were announced globally in February 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 41.3% over the previous month of $3.44bn and a drop of 15.1% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.38bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.4bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.38bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in February 2022 was the US with 68 deals, followed by the China with 12 and India with 12.
In 2022, as of February, consumer venture financing deals worth $5.46bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 141.8% year on year.
consumer industry venture financing deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 42.9% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $867.12m, against the overall value of $2bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Saluda Grade $500m venture financing deal with AvantStay
2) The $100m venture financing of Evolve Vacation Rental Network by Durable Capital Partners
3) Alpha JWC Ventures,Bits x Bites,EDBI,GGV Capital,K3 Ventures,MPL Ventures and Temasek Investments $100m venture financing deal with Next Gen Foods
4) The $100m venture financing of Wildtype by Bezos Expeditions,Cargill Ventures,Charles River Ventures,Footprint Coalition Ventures,L Catterton,Leonardo DiCaprio,S2G Ventures,Spark Capital and Temasek Investments
5) Bitburger Ventures,Founders Future and Temasek Holdings (Private) $67.12m venture financing deal with Waterdrop Microdrink
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.