The $500m venture financing of Shenzhen Meixixi Catering Management was the consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $3.1bn were announced globally in July 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 33.2% over the previous month of $2.32bn and a rise of 130.6% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.34bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.55bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.14bn.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in July 2021 was the US with 62 deals, followed by the China with 47 and India with 23.
In 2021, as of July, consumer venture financing deals worth $13.75bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 107.1% year on year.
consumer industry venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 37.1% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $1.15bn, against the overall value of $3.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Shenzhen Meixixi Catering Management $500m venture financing deal with BA Capital Partners,Coatue Management,He Boquan,Hillhouse Capital Group,IDG Capital,Longzhu Capital ,Sequoia China Investment Management and Tencent Industry Fund
2) The $350m venture financing of Nature’s Fynd by Balyasny Asset Management,Blackstone Strategic Partners,Export Development Bank of Iran,Hillhouse Investment,Hongkou Capital,SK and SoftBank Vision Fund 2
3) Aleph Farms $105m venture financing deal with BRF,Cargill,CJ CheilJedang,CPT Capital,DistruptAD,Growth Fund,Peregrine Ventures,Skyviews Life Science,Strauss Group,Thai Union Group and VisVires New Protein
4) The $90m venture financing of ByHeart by AF Ventures,Bellco Capital,D1 Capital Partners,Gaingels,OCV Partners,Polaris Partners,Red Sea Ventures and Two River Group Holdings
5) Neiwai $100m venture financing deal with Qiming Venture Capital,The Carlyle Group and Vertex Ventures China