Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $325.3m were announced in North America in May 2022, led by $44m venture financing of Major League Cricket, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 60.6% over the previous month of $826.33m and a drop of 68.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.03bn.
North America held a 30.12% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.08bn in May 2022. With a 24.95% share and deals worth $269.49m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 40 deals during May 2022, marking a decrease of 38.46% over the previous month and a drop of 43.66% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 31 deals during the month.
North America consumer industry venture financing deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 57.8% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $188m, against the overall value of $325.3m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Anand Rajaraman,Anurag Jain,Dhigha Sekaran,Manish Parikh,Mihir Worah,Preetish Nijhawan,Ross Perot Jr.,Samir Bodas,Sanjay Govil,Sanjay Parthasarathy,Sankar Kaliaperumal,Satya Nadella,Shantanu Narayen,Singh Capital Partners,Stuart Giles,Tanweer Ahmed,The Baheti Family,Troy Detrick,Venky Harinarayan and Vikram Ramani $44m venture financing deal with Major League Cricket
2) The $40m venture financing of WeCook Repas by Claridge Food Group,DESJARDINS CAPITAL,Fonds de solidarite FTQ and Investissement Quebec
3) Agronomics,Invest Fwd,Kering,Khosla Ventures,Leonardo DiCaprio,New Agrarian and Regeneration.VC $39m venture financing deal with Vitrolabs
4) The $35m venture financing of Rael by Aarden Partners,COLOPL NEXT,Mirae Asset Venture Investment,Signite Partners,ST Capital and Unilever Ventures
5) Daniel Leff,Edgar Bronfman Jr. and Waverley Capital $30m venture financing deal with Professional Fighters League
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.