Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $333.9m were announced in Europe in February 2022, led by $67.12m venture financing of Waterdrop Microdrink, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 348.04% over the previous month of $74.52m and a rise of 35.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $247.11m.
Europe held a 16.53% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.02bn in February 2022. With a 4.21% share and deals worth $85.09m, the UK was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 33 deals during February 2022, marking an increase of 94.12% over the previous month and a rise of 13.79% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded nine deals during the month.
Europe consumer industry venture financing deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 61.1% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $203.9m, against the overall value of $333.9m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bitburger Ventures,Founders Future and Temasek Holdings (Private) $67.12m venture financing deal with Waterdrop Microdrink
2) The $58.28m venture financing of Butcher’s Pet Care by Blazehill Capital,Martin Gray and Secure Trust Bank
3) Aqua-Spark,BNP Paribas,European Circular Bioeconomy Fund,Invest-NL,Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation and Rabo Investments $57.17m venture financing deal with Protix Biosystems
4) The $11.33m venture financing of La Bouche Rouge by Bpifrance (France),Chalhoub Group and MIRABAUD Asset Management
5) EQT Ventures,Foodlabs,Roger Hassan and Shio Capital $10m venture financing deal with Dine In Taste
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.