Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $385.7m were announced in Asia-Pacific in May 2021, led by $92.96m venture financing of Bloks Group (formerly Putao Education), according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 80.3% over the previous month of $1.96bn and a drop of 32.05% when compared with the last 12-month average of $567.63m.
Asia-Pacific held a 40.09% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $962.24m in May 2021. With a 30.65% share and deals worth $294.96m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 43 deals during May 2021, marking a decrease of 24.56% over the previous month and a drop of 15.69% over the 12-month average. China recorded 22 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in May 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 64.1% of the overall value during May 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $247.1m, against the overall value of $385.7m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of May 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Gaorong Capital, Legend Capital, Source Code Capital and Yunfeng Fund L.P’s $92.96m venture financing of Bloks Group (formerly Putao Education)
2) The $62.66m venture financing of Chongxing Pet Products by Cathay Capital and Tencent Investment
3) Amarjit Singh Batra, Everblue Bangladesh, Konark Trust, MMPL Trust, Motherson Lease Solutions, Nexus Partners, Pawan Munjal, QED Innovation Labs and Westbridge Capital’s $43.34m venture financing of Roppen Transportation Services
4) The $31.05m venture financing of SZhong Xuegao Foods (Shanghai) by H Capital – US, Tiantu Investments, Wanwu Capital and Yuansheng Capital
5) CDH Baifu’ venture financing of Chunmi Electronics Technology for $17.1m.