Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $4.12bn were announced globally in Q1 2021, led by $300m venture financing of Guoquan Shihui, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 68.2% over the previous quarter and a rise of 44.1% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $2.86bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals worth $1.88bn in the period. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.84bn.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q1 2021 was the US with 147 deals, followed by China with 94 and the UK with 33.
In 2021, at the end of , venture financing deals worth $4.12bn were announced globally in consumer industry, marking an increase of 33.5% year on year.
venture financing deals in consumer industry in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals in consumer industry accounted for 25.6% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five venture financing deals stood at $1.06bn, against the overall value of $4.12bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CMB International Securities and Tiantu Investments’ $300m venture financing of Guoquan Shihui
2) The $200m venture financing of Klook Travel Technology by Aspex Management, Boyu Capital Consultancy, Matrix Partners China, Sequoia Capital China and SoftBank Vision Fund 1
3) Charlesbank Capital Partners, Qatar Investment Authority and Vulcan Capital Management’s $200m venture financing of Eat JUST
4) The $200m venture financing of Livekindly by Rabo Corporate Investments, S2G Ventures and The Rise Fund
5) Bain Capital and Macquarie Capital (Europe)’ venture financing of Harry’s for $155m.