Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $462m were announced in North America in January 2021, led by $60m venture financing of BlueNalu, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 3.13% over the previous month of $446.04m and a drop of 14.01% when compared with the last 12-month average of $535.99m.
North America held a 44.00% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.05bn in January 2021. With a 43.48% share and deals worth $456.58m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 43 deals during January 2021, marking a decrease of 14.00% over the previous month and a drop of 15.69% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 39 deals during the month.
North America consumer industry venture financing deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 29.8% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $138.7m, against the overall value of $462m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Agronomics, Alpha Impact Investment Management Partners, Clear Current Capital, CPT Capital, Flat World Partners, KBW Ventures, Lewis & Clark Partners, Losa Group, Mcwine, OurCrowd, Radicle Growth, Rage Capital, Rich Products, Siddhi Capital, Silicon Valley Community Foundation, Stray Dog Capital and Thai Union Corporate Venture Fund’s $60m venture financing of BlueNalu
2) The $50m venture financing of Green Park Snacks by The Craftory
3) Andy Katz-Mayfield, Jason Calacanis, Jeff Raider, Justin Kan, MANTIS Venture Capital, Mucker Capital, Overtime.vc, Plum Ventures, Robin Chan, Scott Tannen, Sequoia Capital China, Social Starts and Unlock Venture Partners’ $10.5m venture financing of Outer
4) The $10m venture financing of SOutstanding Foods by Javier Valez-Bautista, Kenneth Harris and SternAegis Ventures
5) Acre Venture Partners, Alpha Edison, Baron Davis and Cathy Richards’ venture financing of Uplifting Results Labs for $8.2m.