Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $498.85m were announced in Asia-Pacific in January 2021, led by $200m venture financing of Klook Travel Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 65.8% over the previous month of $300.85m and a rise of 51.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $328.57m.
Asia-Pacific held a 47.51% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.05bn in January 2021. With a 19.05% share and deals worth $200m, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 39 deals during January 2021, marking a decrease of 35.00% over the previous month and a drop of 9.30% over the 12-month average. China recorded 23 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 83.4% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $415.87m, against the overall value of $498.85m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Aspex Management, Boyu Capital Consultancy, Matrix Partners China, Sequoia Capital China and SoftBank Vision Fund 1’s $200m venture financing of Klook Travel Technology
2) The $100m venture financing of Imagine Marketing by Warburg Pincus
3) Goldman Sachs (China), JinYi Capital and Junchuan Capital’s $61.78m venture financing of Meishang (Guangzhou) Cosmetics
4) The $30.9m venture financing of SShenzhen Hongrui Biological Technology by Guangdian Capital and Jinding Capital
5) HuPu Shanghai Culture Communication, M31 Management Fund, SIG Heiner Asia Venture Capital Fund and Wuyuan Capital’ venture financing of Shenzhen Liran Cosmetics for $23.19m.
Visit our ‘Retail Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the retail industry.