Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $530.9m were announced in Asia-Pacific in August 2021, led by $85m venture financing of Airlift Technologies, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 56.8% over the previous month of $1.23bn and a drop of 9.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $588.5m.
Asia-Pacific held a 40.22% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.32bn in August 2021. With a 16.56% share and deals worth $218.58m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 77 deals during August 2021, marking a decrease of 6.10% over the previous month and a rise of 35.09% over the 12-month average. China recorded 40 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 56.2% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $298.21m, against the overall value of $530.9m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bastian Lehmann,Biz Stone,Harry Stebbings,Indus Valley Capital,Jeffrey Katzenberg,Josh Buckley,Quiet Capital,Sam Altman,Simon Borrero,Stanley Tang,Steve Pagliuca and Taavet Hinrikus $85m venture financing deal with Airlift Technologies
2) The $61.69m venture financing of Shantou Tongxue Trading by Cornerstone Capital.,Fengrui Capital,Jinding Capital,KIP China,Qianhai Fund of Funds and Yuanyi Investment Development (Guangdong)
3) ABC World Asia,Astanor Ventures,CSIRO Financial Services and Huaxing Growth Capital $53.27m venture financing deal with V2 Food
4) The $52m venture financing of Roppen Transportation Services by Amarjit Singh Batra,Everblue Management,Kunal Shah,Nexus Venture Partners,Pawan Munjal,Positive Moves ConsultingLtd..,Shell Ventures,WestBridge Capital Partners and Yamaha Motor
5) Coatue Management,Gaohu Capital and H Capital $46.25m venture financing deal with Nord Traceability (Guangzhou) Biological Technology
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.