Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $58.85m were announced in Europe in February 2021, led by $18.81m venture financing of Protix Biosystems, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 52.1% over the previous month of $122.91m and a drop of 48.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $115.26m.
Europe held an 8.80% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $668.54m in February 2021. With a 4.31% share and deals worth $28.81m, The Netherlands was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 24 deals during February 2021, marking a flat growth over the previous month and a drop of 11.11% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 12 deals during the month.
Europe consumer industry venture financing deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 65.8% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $38.72m, against the overall value of $58.85m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Aqua-Spark Management, Brabant Development Agency, Invest-NL and Rabo Corporate Investments’ $18.81m venture financing of Protix Biosystems
2) The $10m venture financing of Mosa Meat by Blue Horizon Ventures, Jitse Groen and Nutreco
3) Backed, CPT Capital, Founders Fund, Presight Capital and Sustainable Food Ventures’ $3.71m venture financing of Hoxton Farms
4) The $3.5m venture financing of SNatufia Labs by KAUST Innovation Fund
5) Bluebell Group, Fashion For Good, MadaLuxe Group, Nicolaj Reffstrup, Pierre Denis, Piquadro, SLS Journey, Textile Innovation Fund and The Mills Fabrica Fund’ venture financing of Reflaunt for $2.7m.