Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $642.8m were announced in North America in August 2021, led by $106m venture financing of Kitu Life, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 59.1% over the previous month of $1.57bn and a rise of 0.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $638.45m.
North America held a 48.70% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.32bn in August 2021. With a 47.46% share and deals worth $626.44m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 62 deals during August 2021, marking a decrease of 15.07% over the previous month and a rise of 1.64% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 58 deals during the month.
North America consumer industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 48.2% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $309.5m, against the overall value of $642.8m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 7-Eleven,Dave Burwick,Dave Peacock,Doss Cunningham,Durable Capital Partners and LivWell Ventures $106m venture financing deal with Kitu Life
2) The $100m venture financing of Quip NYC by Cowen Sustainable Investments
3) CPT Capital,Cult Capital,Obvious Ventures,PowerPlant Partners and Stray Dog Capital $52m venture financing deal with Miyoko’s Kitchen
4) The $30m venture financing of Cirkul by AF Ventures,SC.Holdings and Siddhi Capital
5) Astanor Ventures,Bradley Horowitz,Chris Bryson,CJ CheilJedang,Eighteen94 Capital,FTW Ventures,Good Friends Venture Capital,Lerer Hippeau Acquisition,Piva,Trevor Martin,Unshackled Ventures and Vectr Ventures $21.5m venture financing deal with Plantible Foods