Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $658.5m were announced in Asia-Pacific in March 2022, led by $194.5m venture financing of TIMS China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 139.1% over the previous month of $275.34m and a drop of 31.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $966.75m.
Asia-Pacific held a 50.65% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.3bn in March 2022. With a 28.00% share and deals worth $364.05m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 63 deals during March 2022, marking an increase of 28.57% over the previous month and a drop of 12.50% over the 12-month average. China recorded 25 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 77.6% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $511.2m, against the overall value of $658.5m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Descartes Capital Group,Restaurant Brands International and Silvercrest Asset Management Group $194.5m venture financing deal with TIMS China
2) The $150m venture financing of Delightful Gourmet by Aman Gupta,Amansa Capital,Axis Growth Avenues AIF- I,Haresh Chawla,Kotak Private Equity Group,Nikhil Kamath and Nithin Kamath
3) IDG Capital and Sequoia Capital China $100m venture financing deal with Miracle Miles Technology
4) The $35m venture financing of Pureplay Skin Sciences India by A91 Partners,Faering Capital and Unilever Ventures
5) Amicus Capital Partners,Paragon Partners Growth Fund,RPSG Capital Ventures,Sharrp Ventures and Singularity Growth Opportunities Fund $31.7m venture financing deal with PEP Technologies Pvt.