The $115m venture financing of Lavender Lingerie was the consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $668.54m were announced globally in February 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 52.6% over the previous month of $1.41bn and a drop of 35.7% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.04bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $467.27m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $446.74m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in February 2021 was the US with 33 deals, followed by the China with 15 and the UK with 12.
In 2021, as of February, consumer venture financing deals worth $2.08bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 16.2% year on year.
consumer industry venture financing deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 44.6% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $298.45m, against the overall value of $668.54m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Avenir Growth Capital, L Catterton Growth Fund, Marcy Venture Partners and Sunley House Capital Management’s $115m venture financing of Lavender Lingerie
2) The $65m venture financing of Professional Fighters League by Ares Capital Europe, Elysian Park Ventures and Knighthead Capital Management
3) Comcast Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Portfolia Rising America Fund, Shea Ventures, The Goldman Sachs Group and True Ventures’ $50m venture financing of Madison Reed
4) The $41.7m venture financing of Getaway by Certares
5) ADM Capital, Archer Daniels Midland, Bits x Bites, Emerald Technology Ventures, Manta Ray Ventures, Rich Products, S2G Ventures, Tyson Foods and Unternehmensgruppe Theo Muller S.e.c.s.’s venture financing of Future Meat Technologies for $26.75m.