Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $707.8m were announced in Asia-Pacific in November 2021, led by $200m venture financing of Beijing Yuanqi Forest Beverage, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 64.8% over the previous month of $2.01bn and a drop of 18.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $865m.
Asia-Pacific held a 31.46% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.25bn in November 2021. With a 13.90% share and deals worth $312.8m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 76 deals during November 2021, marking an increase of 20.63% over the previous month and a rise of 20.63% over the 12-month average. China recorded 44 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 68.8% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $487m, against the overall value of $707.8m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Sequoia China Fund,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Warburg Pincus $200m venture financing deal with Beijing Yuanqi Forest Beverage
2) The $135m venture financing of Mensa Brand Technologies by Accel,Alpha Wave Ventures,Falcon Edge Capital,Naspers Ventures,Norwest Venture Partners and Tiger Global Management
3) SternAegis Ventures $92m venture financing deal with Zoomcar India
4) The $30m venture financing of TurtleTree Labs by Verso Capital Partners
5) Jin Wright $30m venture financing deal with BOD .