Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $720.62m were announced in North America in March 2021, led by $200m venture financing of Eat JUST, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 23.6% over the previous month of $583.23m and a rise of 49.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $480.91m.
North America held a 38.54% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.87bn in March 2021. With a 38.09% share and deals worth $712.26m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 49 deals during March 2021, marking a decrease of 2.00% over the previous month and a drop of 3.92% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 42 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
North America consumer industry venture financing deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 78.7% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $567.2m, against the overall value of $720.62m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Charlesbank Capital Partners, Qatar Investment Authority and Vulcan Capital Management’s $200m venture financing of Eat JUST
2) The $200m venture financing of Livekindly by Rabo Corporate Investments, S2G Ventures and The Rise Fund
3) Bain Capital and Macquarie Capital (Europe)’s $155m venture financing of Harry’s
4) The $8m venture financing of SCompanion Labs by Central Garden & Pet, Companion Fund, Frog Design, IA Ventures, Mars Petcare, Michelson Found Animals Foundation, PETstock, Tuesday Capital and Wheelhouse Partners
5) Ignite Venture Studio, JJDC and Symrise’ venture financing of Infinite Looks for $4.2m.