Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $739.7m were announced in North America in April 2021, led by $154m venture financing of (Skims) and Skims Body, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 7.9% over the previous month of $803.26m and a rise of 57% when compared with the last 12-month average of $471.2m.
North America held a 26.05% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.84bn in April 2021. With a 25.48% share and deals worth $723.54m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 62 deals during April 2021, marking an increase of 14.81% over the previous month and a rise of 21.57% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 59 deals during the month.
North America consumer industry venture financing deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 38.5% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $285m, against the overall value of $739.7m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alliance Consumer Growth, Imaginary Ventures and Thrive Capital’s $154m venture financing of (Skims) and Skims Body
2) The $40m venture financing of Atlast Food by 40 North Ventures, Alpha Impact Investment Management Partners, Applegate Ventures, FootPrint Coalition, Senator Investment Group, Stonyfield Farm, Stray Dog Capital, Viking Global Investors and Whole Foods Market
3) ATX Venture Partners’ $31m venture financing of CANTEEN Spirits
4) The $30m venture financing of SConnected Cannabis Co. by Emerald Park Capital, Navy Capital Green Fund, One Tower Group and Presidio View Capital
5) Advanced Venture Partners, Fifth Wall Ventures Management, Gaingels, Greycroft Partners and Hans Tung’ venture financing of Ergatta for $30m.