Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $790m were announced in Asia-Pacific in January 2022, led by $200m venture financing of Dishangtie Car Rental (Shenzhen), according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 20.6% over the previous month of $654.93m and a drop of 15.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $934.6m.
Asia-Pacific held a 38.35% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.06bn in January 2022. With a 25.74% share and deals worth $530.26m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 62 deals during January 2022, marking a decrease of 27.91% over the previous month and a drop of 10.14% over the 12-month average. China recorded 30 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 71.6% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $565.5m, against the overall value of $790m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) INGKA Group $200m venture financing deal with Dishangtie Car Rental (Shenzhen)
2) The $200m venture financing of Beijing Huamei Lexiang Technology by BA Capital Partners,Eastern Bell Capital,General Atlantic,Hillhouse Capital Group,N5 Capital,Ocean Link and QY Capital
3) NewQuest Capital Partners and Premji Invest $68.14m venture financing deal with iD Fresh Food (India)Ltd.
4) The $52m venture financing of Honasa Consumer by Evolvence Capital,Sequoia Capital Operations and Sofina Ventures
5) DSC Investment,Korea Development Bank Private Equity,Smilegate Investment,Stonebridge Ventures and Yuanta Investment $45.36m venture financing deal with Delicious