Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $790m were announced in Asia-Pacific in January 2022, led by $200m venture financing of Dishangtie Car Rental (Shenzhen), according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 20.6% over the previous month of $654.93m and a drop of 15.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $934.6m.
Asia-Pacific held a 38.35% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.06bn in January 2022. With a 25.74% share and deals worth $530.26m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 62 deals during January 2022, marking a decrease of 27.91% over the previous month and a drop of 10.14% over the 12-month average. China recorded 30 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 71.6% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $565.5m, against the overall value of $790m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) INGKA Group $200m venture financing deal with Dishangtie Car Rental (Shenzhen)
2) The $200m venture financing of Beijing Huamei Lexiang Technology by BA Capital Partners,Eastern Bell Capital,General Atlantic,Hillhouse Capital Group,N5 Capital,Ocean Link and QY Capital
3) NewQuest Capital Partners and Premji Invest $68.14m venture financing deal with iD Fresh Food (India)Ltd.
4) The $52m venture financing of Honasa Consumer by Evolvence Capital,Sequoia Capital Operations and Sofina Ventures
5) DSC Investment,Korea Development Bank Private Equity,Smilegate Investment,Stonebridge Ventures and Yuanta Investment $45.36m venture financing deal with Delicious
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.