The $85m venture financing of Magic Spoon was the Consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $838.7m were announced globally in June 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 27.7% over the previous month of $1.16bn and a drop of 62.2% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.22bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $351.83m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $337.21m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for Consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in June 2022 was the US with 36 deals, followed by the China with 18 and India with 16.
In 2022, as of June, Consumer venture financing deals worth $9.56bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 13.7% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five Consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 38.8% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five Consumer venture financing deals stood at $325m, against the overall value of $838.7m recorded for the month.
The top five Consumer industry venture financing deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Amy Schumer,Carter Comstock,Coefficient Capital,Constellation Capital,Halsey,Highpost Capital,Nasir Jones,Russell Westbrook,Shakira,Siddhi Capital and The Chainsmokers $85m venture financing deal with Magic Spoon
2) The $80m venture financing of Omio by Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Lazard Asset Management,New Enterprise Associates,Stack Capital Group and Temasek Holdings (Private)
3) Asia Green Fund Management,Bits x Bites,LYZZ Capital,Sento Investment and Temasek Holdings (Private) $80m venture financing deal with Mojia (Shanghai) Biotechnology
4) The $40m venture financing of Atomo Coffee by AgFunder,Horizons Ventures and S2G Ventures
5) Forerunner Ventures,Gaingels,Initialized Capital,KBW Ventures,Sozo Ventures and Y Combinator $40m venture financing deal with Eclipse Foods