Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $929.58m were announced in Asia-Pacific in March 2021, led by $300m venture financing of Guoquan Shihui, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 236.1% over the previous month of $276.58m and a rise of 153.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $366.7m.
Asia-Pacific held a 49.71% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.87bn in March 2021. With a 45.96% share and deals worth $859.51m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 66 deals during March 2021, marking an increase of 50.00% over the previous month and a rise of 43.48% over the 12-month average. China recorded 42 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry venture financing deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 76.8% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $713.67m, against the overall value of $929.58m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CMB International Securities and Tiantu Investments’ $300m venture financing of Guoquan Shihui
2) The $122.4m venture financing of Jane Eyre by Black Ant Capital, CITIC Agricultural Fund, Dehong Capital, Jingwei China, Maixing Investment, Purui Investment Fund, Sequoia China Fund and Yunfeng Fund L.P
3) BA Capital Partners, CITIC Agriculture Fund, DCP Capital, Maison Capital Group, Matrix Partners China, Proterra Investment Partners, Sequoia Capital China Fund and Yunfeng Capital’s $122.27m venture financing of Simple Love
4) The $92.1m venture financing of SShandong Taishan Beer by China Media Capital
5) IDG Capital, innovative workshops, Oak Capital Management, Ruixiang Capital Management and Zhejiang Private Enterprise Joint Investment’ venture financing of WOW COLOUR for $76.9m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.