Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $956.8m were announced in Europe in June 2021, led by $650m venture financing of FlixMobility, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 262.5% over the previous month of $263.96m and a rise of 515.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $155.52m.
Europe held a 43.30% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.21bn in June 2021. With a 33.75% share and deals worth $745.84m, Germany was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 31 deals during June 2021, marking a decrease of 13.89% over the previous month and a rise of 6.90% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 14 deals during the month.
Europe consumer industry venture financing deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 87.4% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $836.33m, against the overall value of $956.8m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, Canyon Partners, General Atlantic, HV Capital Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $650m venture financing of FlixMobility
2) The $95.23m venture financing of Urban Sports by Claret Capital Partners, HV Capital Adviser, INKEF Capital, Partech Partners, Rocket Internet, RTP Global – UK and SevenGrowth
3) AXA Impact Fund Climate and Biodiversity1, CPT Capital, HAL Investments, Nutreco, Olympic Investments, Scottish Enterprise and Tailored Solutions’ $50.03m venture financing of 3F Bio
4) The $22m venture financing of SRivalry by Cormark Securities and Eight Capital Partners
5) Impact Fooding’ venture financing of Foods for Tomorrow S.L for $19.06m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.