Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $956.8m were announced in Europe in June 2021, led by $650m venture financing of FlixMobility, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 262.5% over the previous month of $263.96m and a rise of 515.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $155.52m.
Europe held a 43.30% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.21bn in June 2021. With a 33.75% share and deals worth $745.84m, Germany was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 31 deals during June 2021, marking a decrease of 13.89% over the previous month and a rise of 6.90% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 14 deals during the month.
Europe consumer industry venture financing deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 87.4% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $836.33m, against the overall value of $956.8m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, Canyon Partners, General Atlantic, HV Capital Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $650m venture financing of FlixMobility
2) The $95.23m venture financing of Urban Sports by Claret Capital Partners, HV Capital Adviser, INKEF Capital, Partech Partners, Rocket Internet, RTP Global – UK and SevenGrowth
3) AXA Impact Fund Climate and Biodiversity1, CPT Capital, HAL Investments, Nutreco, Olympic Investments, Scottish Enterprise and Tailored Solutions’ $50.03m venture financing of 3F Bio
4) The $22m venture financing of SRivalry by Cormark Securities and Eight Capital Partners
5) Impact Fooding’ venture financing of Foods for Tomorrow S.L for $19.06m.