The $170m venture financing of Good Meat was the consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $962.2m were announced globally in May 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 67.5% over the previous month of $2.96bn and a drop of 21.1% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.22bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $385.72m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $339.27m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in May 2021 was the US with 34 deals, followed by the China with 22 and the UK with 13.
In 2021, as of May, consumer venture financing deals worth $8.15bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 77.7% year on year.
consumer industry venture financing deals in May 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 45.3% of the overall value during May 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $435.61m, against the overall value of $962.2m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of May 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Graphene Ventures, K3 Ventures and UBS O’Connor’s $170m venture financing of Good Meat
2) The $92.96m venture financing of Bloks Group (formerly Putao Education) by Gaorong Capital, Legend Capital, Source Code Capital and Yunfeng Fund L.P
3) Cathay Capital and Tencent Investment’ $62.66m venture financing of Chongxing Pet Products
4) The $60m venture financing of Virtuo Technologies by Alpha Intelligence Capital, AXA Venture Partners, Balderton Capital, Bpifrance Large Venture, Holding Italiana Quattordicesima, Iris Capital and Raise Ventures
5) Alliance Consumer Growth and TRB Advisors’ venture financing of Athletic Brewing Co for $50m.