Europe’s consumer industry saw a drop of 11.63% in cross border deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Allwyn Entertainment’s $372.2m acquisition of OPAP, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 38 consumer industry cross border deals worth $757m were announced for the region in February 2022, against the 12-month average of 43 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in February 2022 with 16 transactions, representing a 42.1% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 16 deals, followed by private equity deals with six transactions, respectively capturing a 42.1% and 15.8% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s consumer industry with $376.34m, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $218.97m and $161.67m, respectively.
Europe consumer industry cross border deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer cross border deals accounted for 83.8% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border deals stood at $634m, against the overall value of $757m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Allwyn Entertainment $372.2m acquisition deal with OPAP
2) The $127.5m private equity of IP Investment Management and The Glenmore Group by Brookfield Asset Management
3) Bitburger Ventures,Founders Future and Temasek Holdings (Private) $67.12m venture financing deal with Waterdrop Microdrink
4) The $57.17m venture financing of Protix Biosystems by Aqua-Spark,BNP Paribas,European Circular Bioeconomy Fund,Invest-NL,Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation and Rabo Investments
5) EQT Ventures,Foodlabs,Roger Hassan and Shio Capital $10m venture financing deal with Dine In Taste