Europe’s consumer industry saw a drop of 12.87% in deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Allwyn Entertainment’s $372.2m acquisition of OPAP, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 88 consumer industry deals worth $980.5m were announced for the region in February 2022, against the 12-month average of 101 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in February 2022 with 40 transactions, representing a 45.5% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 33 deals, followed by private equity deals with 15 transactions, respectively capturing a 37.5% and 17.05% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s consumer industry with $377.47m, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $333.88m and $269.19m, respectively.
Europe consumer industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 69.6% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $682.28m, against the overall value of $980.5m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Allwyn Entertainment $372.2m acquisition deal with OPAP
2) The $127.5m private equity of IP Investment Management and The Glenmore Group by Brookfield Asset Management
3) Bitburger Ventures,Founders Future and Temasek Holdings (Private) $67.12m venture financing deal with Waterdrop Microdrink
4) The $58.28m venture financing of Butcher’s Pet Care by Blazehill Capital,Martin Gray and Secure Trust Bank
5) Aqua-Spark,BNP Paribas,European Circular Bioeconomy Fund,Invest-NL,Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation and Rabo Investments $57.17m venture financing deal with Protix Biosystems