Europe’s consumer industry saw a drop of 17.82% in deal activity during March 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Bayside PE and Metis Investment’s $164m private equity deal with Diageo, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 83 consumer industry deals worth $429m were announced for the region in March 2022, against the 12-month average of 101 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in March 2022 with 40 transactions, representing a 48.2% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 27 deals, followed by private equity deals with 16 transactions, respectively capturing a 32.5% and 19.3% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s consumer industry with $209.89m, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $137.61m and $81.53m, respectively.
Europe consumer industry deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 75.7% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $324.91m, against the overall value of $429m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bayside PE and Metis Investment $164m private equity deal with Diageo
2) The $48.48m acquisition of 92% stake in Childs Farm by PZ Cussons
3) Brookfield Asset Management $45.89m private equity deal with Benson Elliot Capital Management
4) The $44.54m acquisition of E-Domizil by HomeToGo
5) Acequia Capital Management,Happiness Capital,Manta Ray Ventures,Redalpine Venture Partners,Stray Dog Capital and Vorwerk Nippon $22m venture financing deal with Better Dairy