Europe’s consumer industry saw a drop of 20.83% in deal activity during February 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Financiere Agache and L Catterton’s $4.8bn acquisition of Birkenstock Orthopadie GmbHKG, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 76 consumer industry deals worth $6.19bn were announced for the region in February 2021, against the 12-month average of 96 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in February 2021 with 39 transactions, representing a 51.3% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 24 deals, followed by private equity deals with 13 transactions, respectively capturing a 31.6% and 17.1% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s consumer industry with $5.02bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $1.11bn and $58.85m, respectively.
Europe consumer industry deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 95% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $5.88bn, against the overall value of $6.19bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Financiere Agache and L Catterton’s $4.8bn private equity deal with Birkenstock Orthopadie GmbHKG
2) The $403.57m asset transaction deal with KKRInc by Greystar Real Estate Partners
3) Orkla Health ’s $354.15m acquisition of NutraQ 2
4) The $220.5m private equity deal with by Ares Real Estate Group and Generation Partners
5) Kerry Group’s acquisition of Biosearch for $106.33m.