Europe’s consumer industry saw a drop of 29.29% in deal activity during April 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Advent International’s $1.1bn acquisition of Irca, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 70 consumer industry deals worth $2.6bn were announced for the region in April 2022, against the 12-month average of 99 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in April 2022 with 38 transactions, representing a 54.3% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with 16 deals, followed by venture financing deals with 16 transactions, respectively capturing a 22.9% and 22.9% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s consumer industry with $2.04bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $373.64m and $208.6m, respectively.
Europe consumer industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 86.5% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $2.27bn, against the overall value of $2.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Advent International $1.1bn private equity deal with Irca
2) The $550.76m private equity of Raag Hotels by Special Opportunities 6 Fund
3) Atlas for Men- Management Team and Motion Equity Partners $358.48m private equity deal with Atlas for Men
4) The $150m acquisition of Recipe Products by Helen of Troy Corporate
5) Halo Collective $105.91m acquisition deal with Phytocann Holdings