Europe’s consumer industry saw a drop of 36.63% in deal activity during August 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by CVC Advisers ‘ $1.1bn private equity deal with Stock Spirits Group , according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 64 consumer industry deals worth $1.9bn were announced for the region in August 2021, against the 12-month average of 101 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in August 2021 with 33 transactions, representing a 51.6% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 21 deals, followed by private equity deals with ten transactions, respectively capturing a 32.8% and 15.6% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s consumer industry with $1.14bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $629.39m and $139.87m, respectively.
Europe consumer industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 92% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $1.76bn, against the overall value of $1.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CVC Advisers $1.1bn private equity deal with Stock Spirits Group
2) The $410m acquisition of Lady of Leisure Holdings by Wolverine World Wide
3) John Textor $121.14m acquisition deal with Crystal Palace Football Club
4) The $73.71m acquisition of SYMINGTONS by Newlat Food
5) Five Seasons Ventures,Passion Capital and White Star Capital $54.78m venture financing deal with Dogmates