Europe’s consumer industry saw a drop of 45.45% in cross border deal activity during January 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Royal Unibrew’s $281.3m acquisition of 75% stake inHansa Borg Bryggerier, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 24 consumer industry cross border deals worth $313.7m were announced for the region in January 2022, against the 12-month average of 44 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in January 2022 with 15 transactions, representing a 62.5% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with six deals, followed by private equity deals with three transactions, respectively capturing a 25% and 12.5% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s consumer industry with $281.3m, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $32.41m and $0m, respectively.
Europe consumer industry cross border deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer cross border deals accounted for 99.8% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border deals stood at $313.03m, against the overall value of $313.7m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Royal Unibrew $281.3m acquisition deal for 75% stake in Hansa Borg Bryggerier
2) The $28.43m venture financing of La Vie Foods by Bleu Capital,CapAgro Innovation,Entrepreneur First,Natalie Portman,Oyster Bay,ParTech (France) and Seventure Partners
3) Brendan Robinson,Kale United,ProVeg Deutschland EV,Purple Orange Ventures,Shio Capital,Trellis Road and Vera Baker $1.48m venture financing deal with Omni Pet
4) The $1.14m venture financing of NoPalm Ingredients by Future Food Fund,Green Creators and Icos Capital Management
5) ASICS Ventures,Javier Alonso,Julio Cousillas,Patricia Camarero and Waveform Investments $0.68m venture financing deal with Pyratex