Europe’s consumer industry saw a rise of 9.47% in deal activity during June 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Brunswick’s $1.05bn acquisition of Navico Holding, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 104 consumer industry deals worth $3.5bn were announced for the region in June 2021, against the 12-month average of 95 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in June 2021 with 54 transactions, representing a 51.9% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 31 deals, followed by private equity deals with 19 transactions, respectively capturing a 29.8% and 18.3% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s consumer industry with $1.91bn, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $956.82m and $675.84m, respectively.
Europe consumer industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 67.1% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $2.38bn, against the overall value of $3.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brunswick’s $1.05bn acquisition of Navico Holding
2) The $650m venture financing deal with FlixMobility by Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, Canyon Partners, General Atlantic, HV Capital Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI
3) Epiris Fund II’s $276m private equity deal with Sharps Bedrooms
4) The $215.96m private equity deal for 33.96% stake in Atletico HoldCo by Ares Management
5) ST Brands’ acquisition of Always Pure Organics for $183.16m.