India’s consumer industry saw a flat growth in overall deal activity during Q4 2019, when compared with the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
A total of 76 deals worth $2.95bn were announced in Q4 2019, compared to the last four-quarter average of 76 deals.
Venture financing was the leading category in the quarter with 61 deals which accounted for 80.3% of all deals.
In second place was M&A with nine deals, followed by private equity with six transactions, respectively accounting for 11.8% and 7.9% of overall deal activity in the country’s consumer industry during the quarter.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in India’s consumer industry with total deals worth $2.13bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $531.85m and $283.56m, respectively.
India consumer industry deals in Q4 2019: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 82.3% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $2.43bn, against the overall value of $2.95bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Lightspeed Venture Partners, Ritesh Agarwal, Sequoia India and SoftBank Vision Fund’s $1.5bn venture financing of Oravel Stays
2) The $275m venture financing of Lenskart Solutions by SoftBank Vision Fund
3) Blackstone Capital Partners’ $244.3m private equity deal with Future Lifestyle Fashions
4) The $220m private equity deal with 91streets Media Technologies by Bessemer Venture Partners, Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec, Eight Roads Ventures, Helion Venture Partners, KB Financial Group, LGT Impact Ventures, Nandan Nilekani, Orios Venture Partners and Temasek Holdings (Private)
5) Invent Assets Securitisation & Reconstruction Pvt.Ltd’s acquisition of Garden Silk Mills for $187.85m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.