North America’s consumer industry saw a drop of 0.67% in deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Apollo Global Management and VICI Properties’ $6.25bn private equity deal with The Palazzo at The Venetian Resort, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 149 consumer industry deals worth $9.5bn were announced for the region in February 2022, against the 12-month average of 150 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in February 2022 with 69 transactions, representing a 46.3% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 57 deals, followed by private equity deals with 23 transactions, respectively capturing a 38.3% and 15.4% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in North America’s consumer industry with $6.5bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $1.59bn and $1.4bn, respectively.
North America consumer industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 80.7% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $7.66bn, against the overall value of $9.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Apollo Global Management and VICI Properties $6.25bn private equity deal with The Palazzo at The Venetian Resort
2) The $500m venture financing of AvantStay by Saluda Grade
3) Verano $413m acquisition deal with Goodness Growth
4) The $250m acquisition of Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia by Fanatics and Jay-Z
5) Shinsegae Property $248.67m acquisition deal with Shafer Vineyards