North America’s consumer industry saw a drop of 24.14% in cross border deal activity during March 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Bernstein Management, Davidson Kempner Capital Management, Gaw Capital Partners , Geolo Capital, JBG SMITH Properties and Suffolk Technologies’ $90m venture financing deal with WhyHotel, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 22 consumer industry cross border deals worth $290.8m were announced for the region in March 2022, against the 12-month average of 29 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in March 2022 with 11 transactions, representing a 50% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with eight deals, followed by private equity deals with three transactions, respectively capturing a 36.4% and 13.6% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, venture financing was the leading category in North America’s consumer industry with $290.75m.
North America consumer industry cross border deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer cross border deals accounted for 93.9% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border deals stood at $273m, against the overall value of $290.8m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bernstein Management,Davidson Kempner Capital Management,Gaw Capital Partners ,Geolo Capital,JBG SMITH Properties and Suffolk Technologies $90m venture financing deal with WhyHotel
2) The $85m venture financing of MycoTechnology by Alphacy Investment,Bunge Ventures,Continental Grain(CGC),Evolution VC Partners,Gaingels,Maple Leaf Foods,Nourish Ventures,Oman Investment Authority,Rage Capital,S2G Ventures,Siddhi Capital and Tyson Ventures
3) Beechwood Ventures,Cambridge Capital Group,CAVU Venture Partners and S2G Ventures $52m venture financing deal with Once Upon A Farm
4) The $34m venture financing of Finless Foods by At One Ventures,Dainichi,Draper Associates,Gaingels,Hanwha Solutions,Humboldt,Justin Kan,Olive Tree Capital,SOSV Investments and Sustainable Ocean Alliance
5) Bread and Butter Ventures,Lowercarbon Capital,MCJ Collective — My Climate Journey,Natalie Portman,Rhapsody Venture Partners,Safar Partners and Unovis Asset Management $12m venture financing deal with Tender Food